Student Clubs empower students to create community, explore and learn outside the classroom and put ideas into action. Students organize around common career, artistic and recreational interests, cultures and ethnic backgrounds and social or political beliefs. We are proud of our student clubs and associations for building welcoming and accepting spaces of mutual support, meaningful action and fun.
|S. No||Club Name||Coordinator||Convener||Student Secretary|
|1||Agricultural Practices||DR. P. Murugan||Dr. S.M. Kirubhakaran||D. Velaman, CRRI|
|2||Culinary||Dr. A. Lazha||Dr. S. Tamilselvi||M. Priyanga, CRRI|
|3||Disaster Management||Dr. E. Ponmalar||Dr. R. Sathyaseela||M. Naveen Kumar CRRI|
|4||Entrepreneurs||Dr. S. Kanimozhi||Dr. T. Subathra||V. Kanimozhi, CRRI|
|5||Fine Arts||Dr. M. Latharani||Dr. T. Subathra||Swathidharshini, CRRI|
|6||Global / Higher Studies||Dr. R. Sathyaseela||K. Jayapriya, CRRI|
|7||Medical Tourism & Hospital Management||Dr. T. Thiyagasundaram||___||B. Archana, CRRI|
|8||Medical Camp||Dr. Lakshmanakumar||Dr. R.Dineshkumar||V.G. Selvasaravanan, CRRI|
|9||NSS||Dr. N.R. Panneerselvam||Dr. S. Vadivelan||S. Rajkumar CRRI|
|10||Photography||Dr. R. Sathish||DR. P. Bama||Santoshkumar, CRRI|
|11||Pharma||Dr. S. Tamilselvi||Dr. K. Kesavakumari||N.S. Prabhusiva, CRRI|
|12||Skill Development||Mrs. V. Poorna Pushkala||Dr. T. Sarojini||V. Anitha, CRRI|
|13||Science and R & D||Dr. S. Mary Princess Sulekha||Mrs. V. Poorna Pushkala Dr. R. Sivashankar||Pon Nilavan CRRI|
|14||Sports||Dr. S. Vadivelan||Dr. A. Lazha||Raja, CRRI|
|15||Swachh Bharath||Dr. D. Amirtharaj||Dr. S. Kanimozhi||S. Mathivannan, CRRI|
|16||Tamil Ilakkiya Mandram||Dr. S. Aruna||Dr. M. Birundadevi||P. Muniyappan, CRRI|
|17||Wise Up||Dr. S. Chithra||Dr. N.R. Panneerselvam|
|18||Womens Forum||DR. P. Bama||Dr. K. Kesavakumari||E.V.S. Nandhini, CRRI|
|19||Yoga & Equilibrium||Dr. V. Anitha||Dr. S. Chithra||B. Sudhanthira, CRRI|
|20||Red Ribbon||Dr. M. Birunda Devi||Dr. D.Sudhahar|
Yoga & Equilibrium Club
Aim & Objectives:
- General Fitness training
- Yoga Camp in and outside of the college
- Advance Asana Practices to selected students
- Retreat Tour for club members
- Periodical training and recent updates of Yoga
- Create link to International Group
- Great Opportunity to study Yoga courses after finishing B.S.M.S in International Yoga centers like KYM and SVAYSA
- Create job opportunities in Yoga Center (after finishing Basic Yoga Courses)
- Create opportunities to attend the Yoga CME Programmes in various Yoga Centres
- Service opportunities in nearby hospitals (Adayar Cancer Institute and Orphananges)
- Weight reduction classes for girls and women
- Therapeutic Yoga Training with patients in our college
Wise Up Club
- Motivate the student to face the struggles in their personal and official life.
- Help the students to understand and accept themselves
- To get information about student which will be of help in solving his problems
- To help the student know himself better his interest, abilities, aptitudes and opportunities.
- To establish a feeling of mutual understanding between student and teacher
- To encourage and develop special abilities and right attitude
- To conduct a monthly meeting on club members about to discuss the moral stories and their values
- Achievement of positive mental health
- Realization of strength and weakness
- Resolution of problem
- Improving personal effectiveness
- Modification of Behaviour
Skill Development Club
Our main motto is to empower your skills besides your curricular activities and explore a way and a path for you to showcase your talents to the outside world.
We are here to Identify in you, your hidden skills like
- Communication & spoken English skills.
- Stage Presentation skills
- Organizing & leadership skills
- Typewriting & Computer skills
- Cosmetic, Beauty and wellness skills
- Tailoring / Weaving / Embroidery skills
- Sports skills
- We will work together, empower your skills by attending short term training programs and certificate courses / Government exams.
- Your skills will be utilized in our college, during Inter collegiate & Intra Colligate cultural.
- You will be excited to participate in National level & International level competitions & seminars with respect to your skills.
- Trust us you will see a “hidden you” in overcoming your hesitation and fears and you will explore a new world for you.
தமிழ் இலக்கிய மன்றம்
- சித்த மருத்துவ நூல்களை ஆங்கிலத்தில் மொழி பெயர்ப்பது.
- ஓலைச் சுவடிகளைக் கண்டறிந்து அதன் மருத்துவ பயன்களை கொண்டு வருதல்
- இலக்கியச் சொற்பொழிவு நடத்துதல்
- தமிழ் இலக்கியம், மருத்துவம் சார்ந்த அரிய நூல்களை ஆராய்தல்
Youth Red Cross Club
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross Youth Programme.
Aim & Objective of the club:
- To contribute to the improvement of health the prevention of disease and maternity and childcare in the community.
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Technical support in the development of youth programs, found – raising identification of material and human resources.
- The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable
- To educate the population or how to proper for and respond to disaster.
Activities of the Club (Planned):
- Blood grouping and donation camp
- First aid skills training camp in and around our college
- Blood donation camp
- Fund raising for orphanages and old age
- Health awareness camp during spring
- Guest lecture on eye care and general health issues.
- Village adoption program
- AIDS awareness camp
- Cancer awareness camp
- Fire safety camp
Disaster Management Club
Aim & Objectives:
- To engage in activities which may help in minimizing the damage caused by disaster specially in rural areas.
- To make creating awareness about the disasters to people and to prepare them in such a situations
- To act as a agency for the execution of disaster schemes or the Government and NGOs
- To evalue the information reporting and monitoring tools for preparedness immediate response and damage assessment.
- Rescue Children specially those who are the victims of flood earth equake and similar other disaster in rural & urban area.
- Conducting awareness and Free medical camps regarding infectious diseases in affected areas.
A wide array of opportunities to enrich the Siddha pharmaceutical experience. and evaluation of Siddha formations.
- Learning Traditional medicine preparations
- Collection of minerals as ore
- Preparation of synthetic minerals by experts (Vaipu)
- Collection and purification of pooneeru
- Providing Siddha first aid kit
- Identification of raw drug
- Collections of rare traditional books
- To motivate the students publish research articles
- Preparation and marketing of cosmetic products
- Obtaining patent our siddha formulation
- Tie up with no men self help scheme
- To create awareness about Siddha home remedies
Global / Higher Studies Bureau
Motivate the students for their higher studies for their higher studies in all fields.
- Create awareness and encourages students for the need for higher education.
- Conduction workshop about higher studies opportunities
- Organizing counseling sessions on selecting their field of interest and procedures for applying for higher education
- Conducting exhibition on higher study programme
- Initiate to write article about their passion of field that helps to motivate other.
- Circulate pamphlet about various available courses
- Support students for facing entrance exam for higher studies.
- Counseling session will be conducted every year for all profession every 2 months counseling especially for Final years. Screening will be done based on the field of interest sorting out students and specified packages of documents will be provided for all students.
Swachh Bharat Club
Our aim is we keep our own houses clean and it is of no concern of ours to be careful about streets, lanes, parks or other public places. Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi as he was a great champion of the cleanliness cause in the country and throughout his life was involved in activities alerted to sanitation and Hygiene.
Beyond politics and inspired by patriotism following are the some important objectives of the Swachh Bharat
- To eradicate the system of open defection of India
- To convert the insanitary toilets into pour flush toilets
- To remove the system of manual seaverging
- To make people aware of healthy sanitation practices by bringing behavioral changes in people
- To link people with the programmes of sanitation and public health in order to generate public awareness
- To build up the urban local bodies strong in order to design execute and operate all systems related to cleanliness
Personality development through social service.
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve in problem solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Develop competence required for group – living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national Integration and harmony.
The main objectives of this group engaged on Promotion of in-situ and ex-situ conservation, utilization and development of medicinal plants in Sri Sairam institution campus. Promote research and development for laboratory uses of wild medicinal plants, development of agro-techniques, post harvest management, storage and processing techniques.
- To conduct tree plantation camp.
- Species of plants which are known for medicinal values have been scrutinized for their identify and distribution.
- To conserve and preserve the bio-diversity of the Our Campus.
- To cultivate economically important medicinal plants in our garden.
- To collect data together with their cultivation, usage, pharmaceutical aspects.
- Updating the knowledge of the local Medicinal plants, protection, conservation and biodiversity of plant resources.
- To collect endangered medicinal plants from forest and conserve as well as in mass cultivation of this species.
- To collected raw material and supply to our Pharmacology department.
- To set up database containing quality standards, safety, efficacy, Good Agriculture Practices, Good Collection Practices, Good Storage Practices and the uses of medicinal plants.
- Motivate the students to participate awareness programme of medicinal plants.
Medical Tourism and Hospital Management Club
- To engage with patients from other parts of the country or from other countries
- To arrange special accomodation and facilities for all patients
- To ensure best quality care of patients
- Enroll interested students into the club
- Train the students on hospitality and patient care
- Conduct monthly meetings and discussions for further improvement
- The meetings may also include industry tours, educational sessions, guest speakers, volunteer opportunities, or other social activities.
Focus the intensity and up gradation of skills of young Generation and progress of the college.
- Documentation of plants, Animals and diseases and diogmrtic and other tools by photography
- AV Creations regarding college works and medical fields
- Creating a cinematography awareness
- Famous personalities guest lectures
- Application of the relent in Research works
- Enhance photographic skills of the students and can be utilized in magazines, journals, Books
- Development of photography skills in advertisements of medical field and college works.
Science And R & D Club
Aim & Objectives:
- To encourage students to do projects in view of Siddha Medicine
- To Encourage students and send projects for competition with a vision of award winning
- To encourage students and staff members in publishing their research work in National / international conferences and in reputed journals
- To identify best projects and encourage staff and students to apply for patient
- To create awareness among students in Research in development activity.
To elevate the culinary proficiency level of students in Siddha traditional food.
- To bring students to a deeper understanding about the foods they eat.
- Provides student the opportunity to learn culinary
- Arrange survey for nutritional disorders.
- Nutritional deficiency control awareness programme
- Provide pamphlet
- Awareness programme for life style disorders.
- Conducting competition on culinary among students.
- Conducting food festival
- Food related seminars.
Women’s Forum Club
To create an array on effective global mobilization to innovate leadership qualities.
- Coordinate women’s day event
- Organize awareness creating programme in still development and self confidence
- Focus on knowledge explore events on vocational training course
- Pivot on special counseling to women on physical and emotional disturbances in different area of their life.
- Documentation on progress of women in our college
- Address all the basic needs of a women inside the premises.
- Coordinate activities in preventing eve teasing and raging
- Arrange the lectures of eminent business woman and foucs on leadership qualities
- State an art in developing their own business and women empowerment
- Identify and focus on amboridered talents in their state of art.
- Conduct health care camps
- Organize events to revitalize as a token of relaxation
- Provide a plat form for leating self dyence arts
- Aim to provoke man in man so to treat woman so woman.
- The club aims to provide guidance to young aspiring doctors to pursue their business dream in addition to practice at undergraduate level.
- The club aims at providing a comfort platform for applying and exercising academic learnt skills.
- To cultivate the entrepreneurial skills among college students in order to develop knowledgeable and enterprising gradutes
- To nurture the development of quality entrepreneurs who will be capable of competing with local pharmas in thus promoting siddha system
- To conduct seminars, workshops, training programs and interactive sessions with entrepreneurs
Medical Camp Club
To create awareness about siddha system of medicine and to serve people to treat disease and maintain their well being.
- Planed to conduct camp in and around tambaram.
- Screening Biochemical and physiological parameters.
- Screening of Bone Mass Index, eye diseases in somangalam, Naduveerapattu, Erumaiyur.
- Special camp for Non communicable disease.
- Focus to create awareness by conducting camp on every health awareness day as mentioned by WHO.
Developing a healthy nation by promoting physical and mental activities through sports.
- To provide better coaching facilities.
- To provide sports equipment
- To organize Coaching Camps
- To organize the middle and long distance races enabling them to prepare themselves for national competition.
- To make amss awareness regarding sorts and health
- To Keep away youth from anti-social & destructive activities.
- To inspire the youth to undertake adventure activities.
- Development of youth leadership qualities.